*Summer's Blog*

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

San Francisco

Last weekend we went to San Francisco it was a six hour drive, in the back of the car with Free and Sky fighting. This picture is what I saw most of the way there. I get a headache when I read in the car, so I didn’t have much to do (free kept us entertained by reading out of Sky’s book though (it really makes Sky mad)). Our destination was the Maker Faire in San Francisco (it was like the Corn and Apple, but instead of corn they had robots and instead of apples they had battery powered earrings). We went through Silicon Valley (the heart of technology and computers) on the way to the faire. Anyway, about the maker faire, there was a variety of things there. They had from homemade bicycles to clothes made of duct tape. The faire took place on earth day and the theme was to conserve the environment; this is a picture of one of the events. There was a truck full of propane or something that made the flame. I don’t know how this has to do with the theme earth day, or conserves the environment, but it looked cool so whatever. There were a lot of accessory stands. People made earrings out of guitar pic ks, key chains out of microchips, bags out of old cloth, and other stuff along that line. This is a picture of one of the stands. In one building you paid ten dollars or brought in a bag of clothes and you could use the sewing machines and other people’s clothes to make new outfits. I made some clothes myself. This is a picture of me sewing sleeves for my new, old shirt.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger joyce said…

    Love the sewing picture. I think you need a sewing machine for your birthday! If you come here for a visit you can use my Husqvarna all you want. It is mostly just sitting there waiting to be used. I'd like to see some of your drawings that I hear you are doing.
    Love
    Gramma

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger dirtylittleslurry said…

    You guys get to do some really cool stuff in san diego and area. That fair looks like it would have been heaps of fun. and the balboa park thing is coool toooo!
    we'll have to try and come and visit you at some point and check out some of the things with you!
    love
    carm
    ps keep up the blogging, it's really interesting - ariana should update hers, eh!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Sandy Debreuil said…

    Hey Sum,
    You really have some nice photos and writing up! We are really looking forward to seeing you, (and anyone else who wants to come!) this summer. Try to come for July 1st - the wedding, and maybe you could play in the Clearwater tournament! lol
    Christine

     
  • At 6:18 AM, Blogger Online Degree Adviser said…

    Hi there, just wandering the blogosphere and I found your blog. I really enjoy how this all works.

    This is one to watch.

    Many thanks,

    What is a timeshare?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home